Goal: Use Infer Profiles to assign ownership of records to Queues.
Note: Setting up this Workflow rule may require administrative rights within Salesforce. If you already have 50 active workflow rules, you will need to contact Salesforce to increase your system-wide limit.
- Log into Salesforce and navigate to the Setup page. The location of this link may vary depending on how your system is provisioned.
- Search for the Workflow link using the search toolbar and select Workflow Rules
- Select the New Rule button and once the page loads
- Select the object on which you want this Process to operate (in this example, we used the Lead object). When setting your Criteria:
- Select the Lead: Infer: Profiles field
- Select the Contains operator
- Enter the Profile name in the value field
- (optional) Repeat these steps if evaluating multiple conditions and be sure to adjust the filter logic if necessary
- Press Save & Next
- Select the Workflow Action (in this example we will use the New Field Update action)
- When selecting the Lead Owner field to update, the Workflow builder gives us the option to specify the Lead Owner we want to assign these new leads to via a lookup box--in this example we will assign the leads to a Queue
- Save the workflow rule